Last updated: 2/9/17
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Information Provided by You
- In general, you do not have to provide personally identifiable information (“PII”) to use our website.
- You may choose to provide your PII to us via the website. For example, you may use the form provided under our “Contact” section to communicate with us, and certain services which you may subscribe for through our website (e.g., e-mail alerts and updates) may require or give you the option to provide PII, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and other contact information in order to take advantage of the service.
- We cannot predict all situations in which you might provide us with in formation through our website. Therefore we cannot provide a general assurance that any PII you choose to provide to us via our website will be maintained as private in all contexts. Please do submit private or confidential information to us via the website.
- We collect PII via the website only to the extent that such information is provided by visitors who voluntarily make a submission, subscribe to receive mailings. PII collected through our website may be stored in our contact database where it may be combined with pre-existing contact information in that database.
- We may use your PII to respond to your inquiries and to communicate with you. We may also use your PII in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information.
- If you sign up to receive news, alerts or publications from us, or contact us through the “Contact” link, we use the information you provide to send you the communications you request and/or respond to your inquiry, and may also use the information to communicate with you about other topics we believe may be of interest to you.
- We may use non-PII we collect via the website for any purpose.
Information Collected Automatically
- When you visit our website, our servers may automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website, pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our website, access times and dates, and other statistics. We may use this information to monitor and analyze use of the website and for the website’s technical administration, to increase our website’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor the website to our visitors' needs. We do not treat Log Data as PII or use it in association with PII, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information.
- Certain pages on our websites may contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow us or third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, and the type of browser used to view the page.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- We may engage third party companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, to facilitate our website, provide the website on our behalf, and perform website-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the website’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used. These third parties may have access to your PII. We do not authorize these third parties to use your information for any purpose other than to provide the above services.
- We may also disclose information about you that we have collected via the website to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Chris Reid Law or any third parties, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
THIRD PARTY SITES
- We do does not knowingly collect PII from children under age 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with PII without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for the website designed to protect against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the PII we collect through the website. However, we cannot guarantee that any information collected is perfectly secure. While we perform reasonable due diligence in selecting third party providers associated
- Regardless of where you are located, Chris Reid Law's website collects information, and processes and stores that information in databases stored on servers located in the United States.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
- If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or if you would like to have your information removed from any mailing lists we run, please contact us by e-mailing us at email@example.com.